Welcome to our WPX Web Hosting Review
As promised, I’ll try not to give you generic and unnecessary information in my reviews, so here we go:
Why consider WPX?
No matter if you’re a beginner or experienced in the web hosting field, you will notice one thing that differs WPX from other web hosting providers – they offer just one type – WordPress Hosting.
If you’ve already done some other research before you landed on my review, you’ve probably noticed that most of the other providers offer a few more types like Shared, VPS, or Dedicated Web Hosting.
All these types have their pros and cons, most of which are support, performance, and, of course, price.
In my opinion, there is no wonder why WPX is famous for one of the best customer support currently on the market.
When you have many services, it’s harder to focus on all of their abilities. The WPX gurus guarantee a 30-second average support response and they keep proving it.
One more crucial thing that would make me choose a specific web hosting provider is definitely SPEED, and they don’t step back here as well. In fact, WPX won all global speed-tested categories in independent testing 2022.
They include something very important in all of their plans, which is the CDN (Content Delivery Network). But they built something even better and they call it XDN (eXceptional Delivery Network).
Not sure what CDN is? They explain it here:
“CDN is like having a server near any of your site visitors to help load and run your website faster and more efficiently for them, even for visitors from the other side of the world.
For example, let’s say that you’re a nature photography blogger based in Montana, USA, and your website is hosted with WPX in our Chicago datacentre. That site will load well across North America but nature lovers visiting your blog from Australia, Europe, Asia, and Africa will find that your website is slow to load for them.
This is because your blog’s content (images and text mainly) is being retrieved from one of our Chicago servers and sent across the world to visitors outside the USA.
Instead, our CDN (XDN) has already copied your popular content to servers worldwide to benefit your far-away site visitors. So whether your visitors are from Berlin, Sydney, Johannesburg, or Tokyo, they’ll see your blog content from a fast local XDN end-point and not from the other side of the world.
Using our XDN, the speed increase for site visitors around the world is dramatic.”
Another thing that’s important and bothers most of the people who just want to start their own website – the price.
As I’ve mentioned in one of my previous posts, this is not the cheapest type of web hosting, but the WPX’s WordPress Hosting is one of the cheapest among its competitors. Let me explain in a few words.
If you’re looking for the cheapest option and if you just plan to make a website that won’t have many visitors, or you don’t need speed, then you might want to go for Shared Hosting (sharing the same resources with other users) at one of the WPX competitors. I’m about to write other reviews to point out which are the best options you could consider.
And, here comes something that you won’t see everywhere.
The WPX’s most basic plan – BUSINESS, has all the features of the other plans, plus you can have Up to 5 Websites! I mean for just $20.83/month you can host 5 completely different projects and still have the same speed and support for all of them. I think that’s incredible and to be honest, haven’t seen it elsewhere. And please don’t get me wrong, that’s definitely not a “basic plan”. It has the great features of the other PROFESSIONAL (up to 15 Websites) and ELITE (up to 35 Websites) plans.
Of course, if you plan to build a huge project, you can always switch to some of the other plans at some point. I just think this is enough for most people. Another plus is that you receive 2 months free on a yearly purchase. And of course, you have the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Let’s make a summary of all the important features of WPX Web Hosting:
- FREE Site Speed Optimization
- FREE Site Migration To WPX Within 24 Hours
- FREE Lightning Fast CDN (Content Delivery Network) – their own so-called and improved XDN
- FREE Malware Detection & Removal
- FREE Fixes If Your Site Goes Offline
The value for money you get with WPX:
- WPX is one of the very few INDEPENDENT hosting companies still existing today (meaning that they can INNOVATE without begging 19 committees for permission)
- WPX offers Chicago, London & Sydney hosting options
- WPX crushed all other competitors on page loading speed for 2 years in a row, according to Matthew Woodward’s independent tests
- ‘Top Tier’ winning speed and load handling performance, as proven by Kevin Ohashi’s independent 2020 testing above (same in 2019), in addition to Matthew Woodward’s testing
- Among the most trusted Web hosting companies in the world on Trustpilot.com
- Unlimited free site migrations/transfers to WPX from any other hosting company, usually completed within 24 hours
- Superfast custom free Content Delivery Network (CDN) with 26 global endpoints
- 30-second average response time on Live Chat (most hosts hide these stats)
- ‘Fixed For You Free & Fast’ Guarantee if your site goes offline
- Free malware scanning & removal (some hosts charge crazy fees for malware removal), note there can be a queue for removal work
- Unlimited free SSL certificates
- Free basic email service (many newer WP hosts don’t offer that)
- A high-quality host committed to helping homeless/shelter/disabled dogs & cats
- Clearly defined WordPress Hosting responsibilities
I’ll try not to get too emotional as I plan to review other web hosting providers, but I just can’t hide that they grew up as one of my favorites in the field so far.
You can have every additional information you need by visiting their website and even live chat with some of their support agents before you even register.
Hope to see you soon at some of the other reviews I’m about to write!
All the best,
(Sometimes I’m using affiliate links to support my blog and keep it up.)